All the songs that feature in the book… and a few more besides.
1. Whatever You Like – Anya Marina
Marina’s seductive, husky-voiced version of T.I’s hit perfectly conjures up the no-holds-barred hedonism of the party scene.
2. All I Want – LCD Soundsystem
This angry, bittersweet track from NY band LCD Soundsystem with its tortured synth sections provide the perfect background for Grace’s final confrontation with Harry.
3. Let Me Go – Erik Truffaz featuring Sophie Hunger
Sultry and sophisticated, Hunger’s voice encapsulates Grace’s predicament in her final denouement with Alex.
4. Chanson Triste – Carla Bruni
On the playlist during Grace’s time out
5. Roads – Portishead
On the radio driving north.
6. Fucked My Way Up to the Top – Lana del Ray
This one’s for Janine.
7. One – Aimee Mann
Missing Ben, and not being able to admit it.
8. Something’s Changed – Pulp
9. Creep – Radiohead
10. Little Person – Jon Brion
And this last one, for Alex.